One World Cacao’s Vegan Brownies are super fudgy, perfectly moist, and slightly crispy at the edges.
Satisfy your chocolate cravings with ooey-gooey goodness.
· ¼ cup natural, unsalted almond butter
· ½ cup organic dark brown sugar or coconut sugar
· 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
· ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
· ¾ cup Ceremonial Grade Cacao
· 1 teaspoon almond extract (vanilla is okay)
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water whisked together, set for 15 mins)
· ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
Add Ceremonial Grade Cacao in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in almond extract and salt. Stir just a few times to gently incorporate.
Add flax eggs in, whisking until well incorporated. In thirds, whisk in the flour. As the batter gets harder to whisk, switch to folding with a rubber spatula. Fold until well incorporated and no flour patches remain.
Pour batter into pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
Bake for 25-30 mins. Cool for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Slice into 16 brownies. Enjoy!